This Antibiotic Overdose
After the Dengue scare turned out to be really a viral fever, wasting the whole afternoon in that dreaded A&E (again), I decided à la Coltrane-Lush-Life style that I shall quit smoking. Here's to smelling better.
And to the impossible completion of a paper by the end of this month. I covet Echo but would she finally know self-love?
And to the impossible completion of a paper by the end of this month. I covet Echo but would she finally know self-love?
Unless one would find the other in oneself, already: the same dissymmetry and tension of surviving in self, in the 'oneself' thus out of joint with its own existence. To be able or to have to be the friend of oneself -- this would change nothing in the testamentary structure we are discussing. It would break all ipseity apart in advance, it would ruin in advance that which it makes possible: narcissism and self-exemplarity. We are speaking about anything but narcissism as it is commonly understood: Echo, the possible Echo, she who speaks from, and steals, the words of the other, she who takes the other at his or her word, her very freedom preceding the first syllables of Narcissus, his mourning and his grief (Derrida, Politics of Friendship 24).


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home