Monday, August 20, 2007

One more week...


before Fall term begins and my first year at USC ends. And I was wrong to think that there is somewhat an identifiable age when one turns to Nietzsche for self-help. Apparently still in my diapers-without-angst:

Thus spoke Zarathustra. And he waited all night for his unhappiness: but he waited in vain. The night remained clear and still and happiness itself drew nearer and nearer to him. Towards morning, however, Zarathustra laughed to his heart and said ironically: "Happiness runs after me. That is because I do not run after women. Happiness, however, is a woman" (Thus Spoke Zarathustra 183).

When I grow up to be a woman I want to read all these (in German?!) while living in a little cabin at Big Bear Mountains.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

is it where big bear ski resort is?
- mayee

3:22 AM  
Blogger msl said...

yes! except it's summer and so all the ski lifts are empty and the grounds hay-like. am so going back to ski come dec.

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home