Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Mucho L.A



So I've left my love behind and am back in the land of automobiles and palm trees, which will accordingly all be christened Nian Nians. "It's even worse this time," I warned Lindsay, "they don't even have to be white, fluffy or sprightly." Heck, Nian Nian is a Kantian Idea (not yet Hegelian).


Cathay Pacific Airway's vegetarian food is awesome: sticky rice and dim sum for breakfast, hor fun and mushrooms for dinner. But if I had known this was the price for the loss of my luggage, I would have hurled it all out, together with whatever all other passengers ate. Fortunately, they returned it within two days. Meanwhile, I made my temporary nest at Eddie's, which was wonderfully crowded after more than two months of skype and long-distance calls. While he went to work, I made my way to Universal Studios for some reading, only to buy a Lamb Chop soft toy back for myself. Yes, my brain is still fried from laksa, spicy eggplants and nian nian lovesicking. Tomorrow after I finally lug myself back to the apartment for major summer-cleaning and unpacking, I shall attempt to devise plans of running away from school while sipping my bloody marys at Cha Cha with the rest of the kids.

2 Comments:

Blogger 'stee said...

if nian nian were mine, i'd be lovesick for him too! that photo of him sleeping on kat's flickr site killed me.

6:27 AM  
Blogger msl said...

thanks stee! yes, i can't go jogging without wanting to steal other people's dogs. none, of course, can rival that adorable white fluffy mignon. hope all is well in the preparations for the big apple! so exciting!

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home