Monday, January 15, 2007

32 degrees FarenheitsI

I am fixated with weather.com. The good folks there tell me what the temperature is, and also what it actually feels like. Phenomenological intuitions aside, it has been near-zero temperatures at night/early morning. Translate: shivering in my red-and-black-terriers pj that makes for a most faux-pas combination with a 'Baby Phat' jacket topped by a funny woollen hat, while smoking out on the balcony.

The week has been crazy, with alternate near-sleep cycles and a renewed temptation to pour from the bottle. Lindsay and I held a very successful dinner party for Seth, Vickey, Colin, Nicole and Manny on Thursday: best sangria and manecotti included. The company was such a blast that I didn't even cry much over missing Ugly Betty and Grey's Anatomy. It was also the week that saw two strange dates, and affirmed why Shao does not date. Putty. Nonetheless, it was semi-interesting to discover a bar close to home that resembles Alley Bar back home -- except with better music and stronger drinks -- and also the best veggie burger in LA, perhaps even in the whole world.

I will thaw soon.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home