Friday, August 24, 2007

Reactionaries of the World Disunite

I still can't locate for love of God the contemporary thinker (perhaps in my imagination) who is working on the concept of "reactionary." But I am flipping over this find in Wikipedia:

Tener un hijo
Plantar un árbol
Escribir un libro

["To have a son, to plant a tree, to write a book"] is the perfect "reactionary" pattern; a synthesis of patriarchalism, agriculture and artistry. (Liberty or Equality, von Kuehnelt-Leddihn, p. 186.)
Beautiful, isn't it? Meanwhile at Red Lion the German bar where I actually managed find vegetables to consume, I talked with Nicole about my fascination of the "third party" vis-a-vis the concept of neutrality in international relations as well as narrative theories like that espoused by Blanchot as my possible dissertation topic. Of course, as it is with alcohol, other options came up. Like working on Singapore cookbooks alongside my latest aspiration to become a "mafia silk-roadist) with a title like:

Ta da... "Mob cuisine on the Silk Road, Uncle lah"

Enough German-yellowness for the night, methinks. I shall try very hard not to open Hegel for my bedside-reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home