First Blood



The first week back in school saw a disaster of epic dimension. Mildly put, it was a very expensive lesson on why one should not be absent for institutional crap, even if it's crap. The habit of skipping things or "zao-ing," as we call it in Hokkien back home, does not bear well when punishment comes in the form of departmental admonishment and the ridiculous imposition of a fine.
So tears were shed, incredible amounts of food consumed, and so on. I archive guilt. That aside, I enjoyed my first discussion sessions for 'Cultures of Latin America', and had a taste of the crazy schedules, reading lists and assignments for my own classes. It was also Colin's birthday and we went to Pirates' Dinner Adventure for a rousing smashing time, free of charge kudos to Eddie's father. Eating and drinking while seated around a life-size ship, we also laughed over the fact that our section's pirate was the only Asian one there, and that our section goes by the warring color, yellow. Love those mates.
Oh, and I also failed my driving test. ^%*)&$#@9@! Am destined to a lifetime with unscrupulous LA bus-genies. With the extreme heat epidemic here for the past four days: 101Farenheit: Help.
So tears were shed, incredible amounts of food consumed, and so on. I archive guilt. That aside, I enjoyed my first discussion sessions for 'Cultures of Latin America', and had a taste of the crazy schedules, reading lists and assignments for my own classes. It was also Colin's birthday and we went to Pirates' Dinner Adventure for a rousing smashing time, free of charge kudos to Eddie's father. Eating and drinking while seated around a life-size ship, we also laughed over the fact that our section's pirate was the only Asian one there, and that our section goes by the warring color, yellow. Love those mates.
Oh, and I also failed my driving test. ^%*)&$#@9@! Am destined to a lifetime with unscrupulous LA bus-genies. With the extreme heat epidemic here for the past four days: 101Farenheit: Help.


4 Comments:
Hey babe, talk soon? -- mayee
Yes!
VIVA LA MALINCHE!!!!!
if it's any consolation, i doubt i'll be able to drive (legally) in this lifetime.
- shu
Post a Comment
<< Home